Redirected folders: some redirect to user\, others to user.domain\
I'm migrating users from Win2k3 terminal services to Win2k8 Remote Desktop Services. I've previously been redirecting My Docs. The selection "create user folder below the base folder" resulted in this automatically assigned path: \\server\shared\user.domain\my_documents. It's been this way for years and all is well. Now, with Win2k8, I've modified the GPO to also redirect Favorites, same exact GPO settings as for the pre-existing My Docs redirect. This results in automatic redirection to this path: \\server\shared\user\favorites (notice the user.domain suffix is dropped) How can I prevent this behavior? I want all folders to redirect to \\server\shared\user.domain\<folder> Thanks Mark
June 24th, 2011 2:39pm

Hi, According to my test, it works fine in Windows Server 2008 domain environment. Please check the sharing permission and the security permission of the folder user.domain are correct. For more information, please refer to the following Microsoft TechNet article: Security Considerations when Configuring Folder Redirection http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc775853(WS.10).aspx Would you please send me more information for analyzing. For your convenience, I have created a workspace for you. You can upload the information files to the following link. (Please choose "Send Files to Microsoft") Workspace URL: https://sftasia.one.microsoft.com/choosetransfer.aspx?key=fd3114bc-ce9e-401a-b431-26a7e9824a83 Password: -rS3yZKpZPPw_ Note: Due to differences in text formatting with various email clients, the workspace link above may appear to be broken. Please be sure to include all text between '(' and ')' when typing or copying the workspace link into your browser. Meanwhile, please note that files uploaded for more than 72 hours will be deleted automatically. Please ensure to notify me timely after you have uploaded the files. Thank you for your understanding. Collect GPMC log ============== 1. On domain controller, click Start -> Run, type GPMC.MSC, it will load the GPMC console. If the GPMC snap-in is not installed. 2. Right click on "Group Policy Result" and choose wizard to generate a report for the problematic computer and user account (please place appropriately). (Choose computer and select the proper user in the wizard) 3. Right click the resulting group policy result and click the "Save Report…" => save report and upload it to the link I provided. Regards,Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 26th, 2011 11:05pm

Hi, I would like to confirm what is the current situation? If there is anything that I can do for you, please do not hesitate to let me know, and I will be happy to help. Regards, Arthur Li Forum Support Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
June 30th, 2011 3:19am

HI Arthur Thanks for your assitance. i have uploaded the requested report from Group Policy. Domain is lsnc Server name is Win2k8 Username is test. I created the test user from scratch. After logon I observe on the file server the folders: - \test\contacts - \test\favorites - \test\links - \test.lsnc\appdata - \test.lsnc\my documents Mark
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 8th, 2011 2:34pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics